Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Welcome Dinner

Again, the location was given to us at the last minute. We were off to Sunset Beach to have our Welcome Dinner event. Red carpet entry, men greeting us with tiny cup after tiny cup of Arabic coffee, oh my gosh! The President of Saudi Aramco spoke and in his speech, he said as Aramcons, we experienced a "true sense of belonging"... so very true.

I ran into Tamara Tair at the dinner and she now lives and works in Ras Tanura. Lucky girl!

The dinner tonight must have cost an absolute fortune. This is a VIP beach and they covered it with carpets and an extravagant set up, just for us. I almost felt guilty for taking their gift.... heck, all I did was go to school here, ride my horse, goof off, and lead an idyllic childhood! It's not like I actually worked or contributed to their oil production goals in any way! :-)

1 comment: