Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Golf Course

Shannon and I had our own wheels for a few hours today and one goal was to grab a bite to eat. Arrival... the golf course! I heard rumors that it is all grass now, and there is a lot of grass, but not as much as I was expecting to see. I don't golf, so I'm not sure of up from down in the golf world, but I do know that the old "oiled sand" areas don't appear to be there anymore. Where the holes are, I could not tell you. Still seems like an awful lot of sand out there though.... sand, sand, sand between Main Camp and The Hills. All sand. Just the way I like it.

The snack bar at the golf course was nice. I'd never been there before, so I had nothing to compare it to, but the menus were a sort of "check list" like I remember at other places in Dhahran.... kind of like the thing they give you at a sushi restaurant.

I had a grilled cheese sandwich for a walk down memory lane, but they've changed since I was a kid. Still delicious, still zero nutrition, just a way to get the job done I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment