Friday, March 13, 2009

SAEA Dinner

Last night our buses drove us across the rocky desert into an area on camp. Yes, we were bumping through the DESERT in a huge bus! I had no idea they were that rugged! Once out there, we had to walk a bit towards the HUGE tented area to the event called the Desert Dinner. They weren't kidding! Somehow Aramco managed to build a huge Bedouin village in the middle of nowhere with tents, food, incense, camels, lights, bonfires, and tons of Arab dancing and music. It was just so totally cool.

My mom and I sat on the floor cushions surrounding the dinner table.... red Persian carpets covered most of the sand.... a virtual fortune and a ton of labor, I'm sure.

A Saudi woman was doing henna tattoos for the women, so naturally I had to get one. Very cool.
We were so tired from the day spent in Hofuf that we took the bus back at 10PM while the rest of the group continued to party in the desert. So fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment