Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Visiting My Old House

We took a cab over to Hofuf Drive where we used to live. My mom got a bit turned around and kept telling the cab driver to turn at the wrong streets... but I knew EXACTLY where we were. Why? Because that was my stomping ground as a kid! I walked or biked everywhere, knew all the nooks and crannies, every crack in the sidewalks, and secret hiding spots, etc. Can't say I know my current neighborhood all that well. Being over 16 and having a car is to blame for that. :-)

Whoa! What a trip to be back there. New windows and spanish tile was added to the roofs. We just so happened to run into a guy who was leaving the house. We explained why we were taking photos of it, and he asked us if we'd like to come in and look around. Apparently, the owners are out of town and he is watching the place. The palm tree that was planted in our backyard when we first moved in (and Anthony was in diapers) is now a towering tree; far taller than I thought it would be. Same goes for the banyan tree out front.

I think I'm going to go back there alone tomorrow... without my mother.... without a cab driver waiting with the car running.... and just spend some quiet alone time in my old neighborhood. A lot of dreams have taken place around there since I left. Don't worry, camp is totally safe. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment