Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bahrain

We had a fantastic time in Bahrain. What kind people! We walked around Babal Bahrain (old Bahrain) for a while, then hired a cab driver named Abu Ali (why not?) who took us all over town on a VIP tour. By VIP I don't mean 5 star luxury, but rather a smooth talker who got us into all the major sites despite being closed, into the back entrance of a Bahraini candy factory (apparently Bahrain is famous for it), into people's homes, and into a fisherman's hut for tea and sweets right on the Gulf. Boy, are they hospitable! They were thrilled to hear me speaking Arabic, but soon realized I know next to nothing. At least I'm trying, right?

Overall, the kindness of the Bahraini people was over the top wonderful. What a great way to live... where everyone is a good friend just because they live in the same country.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, are there pictures that I'm missing??? Or, have you not loaded pictures yet?

    Dad

    ReplyDelete